-->

menu

Image Map

My Hair Oils

Sunday 3 February 2013

Am I the only one that plans a hair post in their head, and then totally forget about it?
I've been meaning to do a post about my oils for some time now.
I think this post will help out some UK ladies too, as I know it can be quite tricky trying to find good quality, cold pressed oils for a decent price.

When it comes to my oils, I like to buy in bulk, and I recommend you doing so also.
Trust me you will find all kind of uses for the oils you have...
Pre-poo, adding to your deep conditioner, cooking (coconut oil), nail treatments and many more!
I also recommend checking the oils you are buying are cold pressed (unrefined oils), cold pressed oils contain much more nutritional value as opposed to refined oils.

Coconut Oil -  purchased here
I use the nutiva brand coconut oil, I know a few ladies in the US use this brand so I was very happy to find it on ebay.

Sweet Almond and Grapeseed oil - purchased here
Love this site, for a litre bottle of grapeseed oil or sweet almond oil it is only £6! and they do last a while.

Jamacian Black Castor Oil
I recently repurchased this oil, however I am not consistent with using it. (This will soon change)
I'm sure you are all aware of the benefits of JBCO, thickens your hair.
I think (don't quote me on this lol) that it may now be readily available in afro-caribbean stores in the UK, I know quite a few shops in Nottingham have this product, when my friend told me I couldn't believe it! But failing that you can find this product pretty much anywhere on the web.

These are the oils currently in my possession, however I have been eyeing up avocado oil, hemp seed oil and some of the tropic isle living oils (JBCO mixed with coconut!, they have an argan oil serum which sounds interesting also).

Which oils do you use in your regimen? Any oils you want to try out?

13 comments:

  1. They do stock JBCO in a lot of afro-caribbean stores in the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought as much, it's great that this product has easily accessibility now.

      Delete
  2. Great post Shereen, I need to get myself some JBCO. I've never tried it before. What do you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really been consistent with use to notice any difference, but all reviews I have come across tend to be positive. I think its worth a shot. :)

      Delete
  3. I've been thinking about incorporating Castor Oil into my hair regimen for added thickness too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Me too, I am definitely working on thickening up my hair.

      Delete
  4. I usually get the EYL JBCO straight from Jamaica. However, I have found the Tropical Isle JBCO in London (Deptford and Peckham). I have been using the oil for a while now and I can say, it has thickened my hair and helps with growth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great you have had such good results, I'm excited to get consistent with this product and hopefully I will have good results too.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this, did not know that JBCO could be bought from afro-caribbean stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, I was so surprised when my friend told me it was available in stores near me too.

      Delete
  6. I use the same oil !!!
    I use Castor oil (i don't know if there's a real difference with black castor oil) and my hair has gotten so much thicker !!!
    Now i need to get rid off all my thin relaxed ends !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and you both! I really need to be consistent with the use of this oil if I want to see results.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. Hi, Shereen!
    You mentioned that quite a few shops in Nottingham have the Jamaican Black Castor Oil, do you know where these shops are? as i live in Nottingham and i want to give this product a try.
    Many thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...