-->

menu

Image Map

Not Happy With My Hair Texture

Sunday 1 September 2013

Hello everyone, hope you are all well.
 I have been meaning to write this post for some time now but I have been putting it off (I guess that university student procrastination is still with me lol).
So when I first relaxed with Affirm FiberGuard Conditioning Crème Relaxer (in normal), I was expecting my hair to come out bone-straight, well after a few washes I realised my hair still had some texture to it. I wasn't too fussed about the texture, I think it was at that point where I was like, ok so I  am now texlaxed.

After relaxing my hair several times with Affirm, I noticed my hair was being left with a more prominent hair texture, one that I was not happy with. I attributed this to me skipping the ‘smoothing’ step in the relaxing process. The texture of my hair resembled a loosened curl pattern of my natural hair (if that makes sense), I hoped my texlaxed texture would have been a little more straighter.

I have tried to do corrective relaxers to obtain the texture I desire, but for some reason this relaxer just won’t give it to me!

With all that being said, I have decided to change relaxer to organic root stimulator lye in normal, I have heard many great things about this relaxer, and hope to receive some good results from using it.

Now the change in relaxer, doesn't mean I think negatively about the affirm relaxer, I think my results may be due to a lack of knowledge about the product on my half.

Learn from my mistakes! – What would I have done differently?
Don’t assume your hair texture is normal, in my case I may have seen the results I wanted if I reached for the stronger relaxer.
Which brings me onto my second point, DO STRAND TESTS!!!
Seriously, before you relax your hair, collect hair strands that you have shed, and apply relaxer on them, testing about different times etc, this will allow you to monitor how long it takes the relaxer to give you your desired hair texture.
Now I am at a point in my hair journey where I am unsure what to do. I do not know whether to correct my previously texlaxed texture to one more suitable for me, or do I correct the previous texlaxed texture to bone straight. I think because I have so much texture in my hair already, going bone straight sounds pretty ideal, but I do LOVE the thickness of my hair, which I know I am going to miss if I was to go bone straight.

Well, there is no rush anyway; I am going to think carefully about this decision. Thinking aloud, the rational decision would be to relax my hair to an ideal texlaxed texture, that way if I feel like I want my hair straighter I could always achieve that. As opposed to relaxing my hair bone straight and hating it, and having to live with it because the process is irreversible.


I will let you know what I decide to do :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...